WE'RE ABOUT BEING BALANCED OFF THE WALL, TOO.
The Studio Fitness program exists to change the way we view ourselves and the world around us by improving physical health, building confidence, and finding community. To create a yoga and fitness program that is all at once approachable (offering a wide range of levels), accessible (doesn't cost hundreds of dollars a month), non-competitive (we show up to grow together), and challenging (because otherwise, what's the point?) for everyone who walks through The Pad's door
"Originally it was a convenient way to get a stretch on after a climb and wind down a bit. The yoga grew on and I started to challenge myself more and more to get some of the harder moves like handstands, etc. I just noticed that my body was feeling great all of the time and that a some of the pains I associated with and assumed were inevitable as I got older were easily avoidable though a regular practice of yoga."
Our yoga classes:
Morning classes are generally more gentle sessions designed to slowly ease the body into the day, while the evening classes range from fast paced Power Flow, to heat-building Vinyasa, to Yoga Lab, which breaks down the importance of yoga for climbers in particular. The teachers are trained to tailor their sequences to the students in attendance, so there should never be a class that is “too advanced” or “too easy” for anyone in the room.
Our barre classes:
A strength training class that uses low resistance/high repetition techniques to target one muscle group at a time for a full body workout. You can also expect lots of stretching to promote flexibility and lean, elongated muscles.
Benefits of our classes:
Improved wrist health, deep shoulder stretching, back flexibility, and core strength are a few physical benefits that will cross over to your climbing and other pursuits. Not to mention the level of mental focus and clarity that comes with a regular practice, and the sense of community that continues from the gym and onto the mat.
- Morning Vinyasa/Friday Flow — Start your day off with an upbeat, energizing yoga flow that encourages mindful breathing, strength building, and deep stretching. All levels.
- Noon Flow — Use your lunch break to connect with your mind and body. This class will get you moving, breathing, stretching, and ready to continue your day. All levels.
- Candle Flow — This Vinyasa style class builds strength and flexibility while focusing on breath and body awareness, the perfect way to relax into your evening. All levels.
- Yin/Yang — Begin class with slow, deep stretching before moving into more invigorating standing and balancing postures. All levels.
- Gentle Yoga — Looking to restore and detoxify? This class moves slowly and gently, allowing the body to relax into every posture. All levels.
- Vinyassa II — Want to practice your party tricks? This level 2 class moves quickly and incorporates more challenging postures such as arm balances and inversions. Intermediate, some previous experience recommended.
- Happy Hour Yoga/ Weekend Flow — A fun class to welcome your weekend! Welcome strength, flexibility, body awareness, and mental clarity. All levels.
- Yoga Sculpt — Strength training and yoga combine for a fun, deeply satisfying workout. Light free weights and fast faced sequences help to increase muscle strength and improve cardiovascular health. Intermediate, some previous experience recommended.
- Barre — Barre class isn't just for wanna-be ballerinas. This class mixes core, yoga and functional training though isolated small movements that help to lengthen and strengthen your muscles. All levels.