It’s been a bit since our last update, but we’re stoked to share the latest news on our journey to bring you a state-of-the-art climbing gym to Magnolia Center in Santa Barbara.
Great news – we’ve received our initial set of building plans sooner than expected! We made the necessary adjustments and are gearing up for a resubmission next week. Even better news – Typically, the second round of plan checks moves faster, so we’re eager to see what the County has in store for us in round two. We are anticipating at least three rounds of plan checks.
Once we navigate through these necessary steps, we’re ready to grab our hammers and start bringing the Santa Barbara dream to life!
Our target is still a late 2024 opening, and we appreciate your patience. We’ll be sure to keep you posted every step of the way. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or just to share your excitement.
Check out some of our awesome planned amenties:
- Dedicated lounge/coworking space
- Free coffee, great wifi and more
- 45′ rope walls
- Speed climbing wall
- Yoga/multipurpose room
- Large youth area separate from the rest of the amenities and accessible elevator.
- 24/7 access to bouldering and weights
- Free rental equipment and beginner classes to get you started
- Youth programming
- Volunteer and scholarship opportunities
- Reciprocal membership with our SLO and Las Vegas locations
- The great Pad Fam vibe you’ve come to know from us on the Central Coast!