Welcome to The Pad!
You’re not just entering a climbing gym, you’re joining a community.
Save some time and sign your waiver online!
Not in shape or have no experience? Welcome!
- Plan your visit during our staffed open hours – 11am to 10pm. You do NOT need to make an appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothing. We have free climbing shoes for you to use – toddler to size 15!
- Tell the people at the front desk that you’re new and would like help – if they’re too busy to do it, they’ll find someone who can.
- When you’re on your own, don’t be afraid to ask someone for tips on the climb you’re trying. We all started in the same place once, and it’s immensely satisfying to see people improve with tips you’ve given.
- It’s easy to get started if you try bouldering first: there is no “safety equipment.” The floor is covered with a foot of foam and vinyl. If you fall, it’s a cushioned fall. Generally our fear of falling is what keeps us from getting into too much trouble.
You don’t have to get to the top. You just have to have fun and do your best.
If you want to try rope climbing, you’ll need to be with someone certified to belay you, and get certified yourself if you wish to belay.
Three kinds of climbing to try:
- Bouldering – grab our free shoes and get going! No ropes, no skills, no problem!
- Top Roping – Come with a partner who knows how to belay, get oriented with our autobelays and climb by yourself, or take a class!
- Lead climbing – tow that rope up the wall and experience true climbing freedom with a partner! We offer classes to get you there!
We have something for everyone!
Disabled or Neurodivergent?
Our staff are trained to work with diverse populations and are sensitive to your needs and concerns. Please contact us ahead of your visit so we can support you when you arrive!
Paddie Satchel doing the neurodivergent community proud in a viral news story!