CLIMBING. COMMUNITY. FITNESS. LOVE.
You're not entering a climbing gym, you're joining a community.
If you've never been climbing before, here's what you need to know:
- You don't have to have experience or be in amazing shape. This is a community that loves you as you are and looks forward to seeing where you'll go with us.
- Wear comfortable clothing. We have free shoes for you to use - toddler to size 15!
- Tell the people at the front desk that you're new and would like help - if they're too busy to do it, they'll find someone who can.
- When you're on your own, don't be afraid to ask someone for tips on the climb you're trying. We all started in the same place once, and it's immensely satisfying to see people improve with tips you've given.
- It's easy to get started if you try bouldering first: there is no "safety equipment." The floor is covered with a foot of foam and vinyl. If you fall, it's a cushioned fall. Generally our fear of falling is what keeps us from getting into too much trouble. You don't have to get to the top. You just have to have fun and do your best.
- We are a fitness gym, not an amusement park. Kids have an amazing time, and so do adults, but everything we offer is really only awesome if you put the work into improving and not seeing it as a one-off adventure. People make their best friends here, meet their mates, and change their lives in ways they never saw possible. That doesn't happen with one visit.
“This is my second home. This is my church. I am religious about going. Love it.”